VPA classes are September-May with concerts in December and May. Please view our schedule and calendar.
- Please complete this form to register for VPA Choir 2018-2019.
- Tuition must be paid prior to first class. Please send payments to P.O. Box 594, Sherwood OR 97140. Or pay via credit card or bank transfer here.
- Details for financial assistance can be found here.
Auditions are required for Show Choir and VPA Ambassadors and will include a vocal audition and a dance audition. Adults interested in joining Chorale please contact us with information about your prior choir experience.
- Show choir classes $590 for school year.
- All other classes $365 for first class, $225 for second class.
- Students joining in January will be charged a pro-rated tuition. $325 for Show Choir, all other classes are $200 for first class, $125 for second class.
- There are no tuition refunds for not finishing the school year.
Choir Participation Agreement
as found in the Choir Registration Form
- Students and Families agree to demonstrate good attitudes and a willingness to work hard and follow instructions. Unacceptable behavior includes (but is not limited to) the following: Teasing, bullying, yelling at other participants/adults out of anger, disregarding instructions, arguing, or harassment. Depending on the severity of the infraction, the situation may be reported to the parent/guardian and to the VPA board and the participants may be given a warning or immediately dismissed from group.
- Students are expected to arrive on time and attend all rehearsals with no more than TWO absences per term. Excessive absences for any reason may be cause for dismissal from the group or result in the student being unable to perform. Please notify the director by email or text BEFORE being absent.
- Weekly classes focus on student education and preparation for performances in December and May. Please note that the December concert is Christmas-themed. Students are expected to attend evening rehearsals prior to December and May concerts as calendared and to participate in all of the concerts. Additional performances may be scheduled and participation will be strongly encouraged but not mandatory.
- Students agree to stay in the rehearsal or performance space at all times and to be respectful of other groups rehearsing, holding meetings or non-VPA events. This includes being quiet, not running in halls or on grounds, moving furniture or disturbing decorations or other “interesting” things in the facility. Students should leave things clean and ready for others to use the space.
- Supervision is only available 15 minutes before and 10 minutes after class. Students should not arrive prior to that time. Students are supervised INSIDE only – not outside. Families are responsible for being on time to pick up your student. Instructors will not stay beyond the dismissal of the last choir class.
- Tuition must be paid by the first class with a grace period of one week (paid in full by the second class). All tangible items will be withheld until fee is paid in full. This includes music, scripts, wardrobe, etc. Tuition is non-refundable. If tuition is not paid or if there is any outstanding balance within VPA accounts, student will not be able to attend rehearsals or perform in any VPA events (choir, strings, or theater, etc.) until the matter is resolved. Financial assistance is available.
- All wardrobe items will remain the property of the VPA. Tuition includes the cost of maintaining, renting or purchasing any wardrobe items. Students may also need to provide personal items (i.e. tights, shoes, pants, modesty garments).
- Volunteerism not only helps keep the cost of our programs low but creates the sense of family and ownership we cherish within the VPA. All families are required to volunteer THREE hours in the choir program per student each semester for a total of SIX hours per year. Families may opt out of these volunteer hours by paying an additional fee of $60. It will be the responsibility of each family to log in their hours in the VPA volunteer tracking system as instructed.
- VPA takes photos and video/sound recordings at events to keep an accurate history and also promote our foundation and its activities. Photos or recordings may be taken during rehearsal, concerts and other performances which may be posted on blogs, social media, our vpafoundation.org website and in published materials such as brochures, flyers and posters.
- In the event that I cannot be reached in an emergency and my child requires treatment, I hereby give permission to any of the Emergency Contacts listed on the Registration Form or to any VPA directors to authorize any medical center and/or health care provider selected by VPA to hospitalize, secure proper treatment for, and to order injection, anesthesia, or surgery for my child/children as named above. I fully and completely understand that my authorization below releases VPA of any liability of accident incurred by the above named student. I understand that I will be responsible for any charges occurring in the event the student(s) name above should need any medical attention at any clinic, facility, or hospital. I further agree that if I have a legal dispute with VPA which cannot be settled through discussions between parties, I will attempt to settle the dispute through mediation before a mutually acceptable mediator whose name appears on the registry of names recognized by Oregon courts as qualified persons for mediation assignments.
- I hereby waive all rights which I may now have or which may accrue in the future against Voices for the Performing Arts Foundation, its respective chapters, directors, officers, employees, and members (collectively the “VPA”), and I hereby release and discharge VPA from, and agree to indemnify and hold VPA harmless from and against all liability for any and all actions, damages, causes of action, suits, losses, expenses, claims, demands, damages and judgments (collectively the “Losses and Claims”), which I, my spouse, family members, children, invitees, heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assignees ever had, now have or hereafter can, shall or may have resulting from or arising in connection with my travel to, attendance at or participation in VPA events. I acknowledge that certain legal rights against VPA may be available to me now or in the future as a result of any Losses and Claims, and that by executing this waiver and release of liability, my spouse and I are forever relinquishing those rights against VPA. I acknowledge that no promises, representations, or affirmations of fact were made to me by VPA concerning the safety of the event, the security precautions taken in sponsoring the event, the relative safety or danger associated with traveling to the event or participating in any activity, academy, event or outing related to, associated with or connected in any way to the event and affirm that I have read and understand the foregoing provisions of this waiver and release of liability and accept the terms of this waiver and release of liability as a condition to my attendance at the event.